VMInnovations is a leader in the eCommerce industry with a proven record of growth and success. While only five years old, we have emerged as a legitimate player in the eCommerce world. Our growth has been the product of the hard working, dedicated, and selfless attitudes that each of our company employees demonstrates.
Working for VMInnovations isn’t a “job”, it is a lifestyle. Because of the nature of our industry, we must be focused 24/7, to stay ahead of our competition. With a staff of less than 30 people, we rely on our employees to be proactive in coming up with ways to make their job more efficient, allowing them to continue to take on more projects and responsibility.
Dedicated. Hardworking. Motivated. Responsible. Every person claims to have these traits, however once the interview process is over and you have been selected for the position, we expect those to be more than just words that you used in your interview, they must be your pillars as a person. Basically, if 40 hours per week in your opinion is a lot of work, then you are looking at the wrong place. We believe people who are excited about their position and about their opportunity in a company should have a desire to work more.
About the position:
The Product Merchandiser works with a dedicated member of the sales & business development team to facilitate the growth of both new and existing suppliers. Our continuing success as a company is due in large part to our strong communication and relationships with our vendor community, and the creation of unique product listings that accurately portray the product and represent the product to their fullest potential to help us be successful with selling the products. You will be working on a daily basis with both the VMInnovations internal team as well as contacts on the outside to continue to grow and strengthen the business with our strategic suppliers in various core product categories. Your primary responsibility will be to develop accurate product representations that represent the product to the fullest of its capabilities, and help convert buyers at a high rate.
· One year of relevant sales or administrative assistance experience strongly preferred
· Proven skills to assist in strengthening and growing existing supplier relationships
· Extremely detail oriented, able to assist with documentation and manage multiple tasks at once
· Technical competence, ability to learn and understand computer software used on a daily basis
· Goal oriented, motivated and persistent with tasks at hand
· High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
· Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction and oversight
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Handles difficult situations well and meets deadlines as needed
· Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
· Develop product descriptions that accurately and professionally represent the products we are trying to sell
· Focus on methods to increase conversion rate
· Utilize software tools, training and experience to monitor and address business needs
· Develop detailed and professional product listings for our websites
· Ability to aid in analysis sales and inventory trends
· Provide competitive product and market research as requested
· Maintain and strengthen positive relationships with all suppliers and outside contacts
· Assist in establishing new strategic accounts, from vendor paperwork to product research
· Ensure all processes and procedures are completed and quality standards are met
· Other tasks as required for the VMInnovations team to be successful
· Assist manager in daily tasks required to improve existing and new supplier relationships
$28,000 - $34,000 annually based on qualifications (45 hrs/week)
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications