E-Commerce Product Merchandiser
|Title:||E-Commerce Product Merchandiser|
VMInnovations.com is a leader in online retailing with a proven record of success and sustained growth. While our company has only competed in the world of e-commerce retail for seven years, we have emerged as a leader in our retail categories, demonstrated by measures in both customer service and among our vendor community. Talk to us and check us out online and you'll see. Our achievements are a direct product of the dedication, work ethic and selfless team mentality demonstrated by everyone at VMInnovations.
Being a part of the VMInnovations team isn’t just job, and is not for everyone. Due to the fast-paced nature of online retailing, our team must remain focused around the clock, day in and day out. This unwavering effort is what keeps us ahead of our competition and ensures the best customer experience anywhere, period. With a small staff relative to our goals and expectations, we rely on our people to be proactive and continually improve, work to gain knowledge of the company as a whole, and learn how to take on higher levels of responsibility.
Your core values include dedication, motivation, responsibility and accountability. While most will claim to have these traits through an interview process, once you've been selected for this position we expect those to be more than words. These qualities must be your pillars as a person as you start out ready to hit the ground running. If a nine-to-five day and 40 hour week with the same repetitive tasks are what you are looking for, you'll quickly find you're in the wrong place. We believe in people who are excited about their role and the unique opportunities in a growing, innovative company. We'll work to support you and provide the training and tools necessary to be successful within our fast-paced world of online retailing. In return, we ask for your dedication and desire to do your part in taking our team to the next level. And of course, you better believe we have a lot of fun in the process.
About the Position:
The Product Merchandiser works with a dedicated member of the sales & business development team to facilitate the retail growth in both new and existing products and brands. Our continuing success relies in large part on effective communication and strong relationships with our vendor community, as well as coordinating a number of tasks and responsibilities internally. As part of our merchandising team, no two days will be identical or boring. On a daily basis you will work with others in different areas of the VMInnovations team, as well as contacts on the outside to continue to grow and strengthen our business in selected core product categories.
One of your primary responsibilities will be the development of accurate online product detail pages that represent the product and brand at its best, in the most informative and customer-centric way possible. You will also assist and over time grow further into core areas of both the buying and selling of our merchandise assortment. That may include a wide range of tasks such as planning, product replenishment, marketing, and transportation coordination. If we are ultimately a good fit together, your role will evolve and be defined by the department’s needs, as well as our goal to most effectively utilize your strengths.
• Develop online product detail that accurately and professionally represents the item and brand. This work centers on sales and marketing techniques, programing experience is not required
• Focus on methods to increase customer sales conversion rate by improving pages and working with our sales and marketing team through the launches and modifications of items and brands
• Utilize software tools, ongoing training, and your personal experience to monitor and address issues and opportunities as they arise
• Assist manager in daily tasks required to grow sales and maintain supplier relations and establish new strategic accounts, from vendor paperwork to product and market research
• Maintain and strengthen positive relationships with all suppliers and outside sales contacts
• Aid in sales analysis, seasonal trends and inventory analysis
• Learn the breath of assigned product categories, brands and suppliers to continue to build on your knowledge of the retail ecommerce marketplace
• Successfully coordinate tasks as needed among other departments such as customer service, operations, systems, and marketing
• Perform other tasks as required for the VMInnovations team to be successful
• Ensure all processes and procedures are completed and quality standards are met
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
• One year of relevant sales, marketing or related administrative experience strongly preferred
• Technical competence, ability to learn and understand computer software used on a daily basis
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Extremely detail oriented and able to manage several tasks at a time
• Ready for the unexpected and willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities
• Works well with others in a team environment
• Goal oriented, motivated and persistent
• High level of initiative and personal drive
• Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction and oversight
• Handles difficult situations well and meets deadlines as needed
The Workplace and Beyond:
As fast-moving and dedicated as we are both as individuals and as a team, VMInnovations also provides a fun and dynamic environment. Our office has a comfortable open floor plan that emphasizes communication and a team atmosphere. In addition to a place you are excited and proud to be at on a daily basis, we provide you with the tools of the trade, such as a new computer workstation with multi-screen interface.
In exchange for your ongoing growth and efforts, VMInnovations provides a competitive salary and unique benefits to take your skills and career to the next level. Those benefits include:
• Group Health & Dental Insurance, individual and family plans available
• Paid time off – sick leave & vacation
• Casual dress environment
• Regular company-funded special events and social activities – we know how to have fun!
• Unique travel and time off opportunities after years of employment
• Employee and company bonus opportunities
$32,000 - $37,000 – starting annual salary, based on qualifications
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications